Denver's Championship BBQ
2012 Colorado State Champions!
Grand Champions - Boats, Bands & BBQ in Pueblo, CO
Denver's Championship BBQ Caterer
I will only have limited dates open for 2014
So book early or I will fill up!
Catering all over Denver Metro area
Graduation Party - Church Gathering - Grand Opening
Summer Company Picnic - Rehearsal Dinner
Wedding Reception - Birthday Party - Anniversary
Family Reunion - Backyard Bash - Superbowl Party
Email me with your event info firstname.lastname@example.org
for a quote on Catering or Smoker Rentals
(Dates subject to availability)
Full Service Catering is available as well as drop off. I now have Friday & Saturday slots available! I also cater Sunday - Thursday for private gatherings, company parties or luncheons.
Please "Like" Backdraft BBQ on Facebook for Specials and upcoming events.
I am also offering BBQ, Restaurant and Sports Bar Consulting.
Thank you so much for choosing Backdraft BBQ for all your BBQ needs.
BBQ Sauce and Rubs are available in the Online Store!
Smoker available for rent in the Denver metro area for the do-it-yourself Pitmaster. (Please email me for availability)
Smoker rental $200 (36 hours) Does not include wood, charcoal or pellets
This e-mail address is being protected
Championship BBQ Rubs are now available in the Online Store!!
Current 2012 - 2013 Sponsor Line-up
Backdraft BBQ: Rubs and Sauces
Backdraft Cooking Systems: Smoker development, maintenance and funding
RSG Properties: Trailer maintenance and funding
Savoy Color: Banners and Printing
Baileegrob.com: Graphic Design (New Backdraft BBQ Logo)
Fruita Wood Chunks: Official wood supplier for Backdraft BBQ Competition Team
GrillGrates for perfect grilling every time
2013 Beaver Creek Blues Brews & BBQ Grand Champion
2nd side dish, 2nd beef & 1st pork
2012 RMBBQA Cup final results...
2nd Chicken, 2nd Ribs, 1st Pork, 2nd Brisket and 2nd Overall
2012 Pueblo, CO Boats Bands & BBQ Grand Champions!
2010 Florence, CO Kick in the Butt BBQ Challenge Grand Champions!
2014 BBQ Contest Schedule (subject to change)
- 1/24 – 1/25 Lake Havasu Music Brews & BBQ Championship in Lake Havasu City, AZ
- 3/14 – 3/15 Heatin' Up the Bricks in Kearney, NE
- 4/25 – 4/26 Pony Express BBQ Challenge in Gothenburg, NE
- 5/24 - 5/25 Blues Brews & BBQ in Beaver Creek, CO
- 5/30 – 5/31 Holly Smoke BBQ Showdown in Canyon City, CO
- 6/6 – 6/7 Boats Bands & BBQ in Pueblo, CO
- 6/13 – 6/14 Frisco BBQ Challenge in Frisco, CO
- 6/20 - 6/21 South Park Kick Ass BBQ Competition in Fairplay, CO
- 6/27 - 6/28 Smokin on the Pecos in Artesia, NM
- 7/4 – 7/5 Pork & Brew State BBQ Championship in Rio Rancho, NM
- 7/18 – 7/19 Grillers Cup in Laramie, WY
- 7/25 - 7/26 Dodge City BBQ Days in Dodge City, KS
- 8/15 - 8/16 Conifer Mountain BBQ Challenge in Conifer, CO
- 8/22 - 8/23 Bootleggin' BBQ in Garden City, CO
- 8/29 – 8/31 Smokin Brew BBQ in Parker, CO
- 9/5 - 9/7 Sky's the limit BBQ challenge in Garden City, KS
- 9/12 - 9/13 Colorado Pork and Hops in Grand Junction, CO
- 9/18 - 9/20 Praise the Lard BBQ in Murphysboro, IL
- 10/2 - 10/5 American Royal in Kansas City, MO
About Backdraft BBQ
As Founder - Chef/Pitmaster of Backdraft BBQ, I Ryan Grob will be painting the picture of how Backdraft BBQ has become what it is today.
I started my BBQ history by bartending at World Famous "17th Street Bar & Grill" in my hometown of Murphysboro Illinois back in 1991. While working there for the owner and BBQ legend Mike Mills, my BBQ interests were piqued. I started traveling to a few of their contests just to help with the grunt work. With another BBQ legend Pat Burke(Tower Rock BBQ) being Co-Captain of the Apple City BBQ Team, I would have been silly to not learn as much as I could as fast as I could. It was beneficial to see them at work, talking to judges, maintaining the Pits and getting called up to the stage to get their trophies, all very addicting! Well I got hooked. After several World Championships, Apple City BBQ called it quits to do even bigger things. It was time to start cooking on my own. I had formed my own BBQ Sauce(original) by the age of 18 and it was time to cook some meat to put it on.